Re: thread pools, performance

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
On Oct 29, 2007, at 13:54 , Gavin Henry wrote:
Thanks for all this Howard. It certainly makes it clear where
OpenLDAP lies in the LDAP world (looking down from the top and
around at everyone else ;-) ).

It's just a shame that most people don't even know this, they only think of the commercial packages when anyone brings up directory services.

Yes, refreshing the magazine coverage and other media channels would help. I recall that we contacted NetworkWorld (http://www.networkworld.com/reviews/2000/0515rev2.html) about revisiting this topic a couple years ago and they declined. I suppose if a lot of their readers were to write in about it, that may have more influence than any of us on the Project had.
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com