[Date Prev][Date Next]
ITS#4943 tpool.c, thread pools
- To: OpenLDAP-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: ITS#4943 tpool.c, thread pools
- From: Howard Chu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 21:27:06 -0700
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; rv:1.9a9pre) Gecko/2007100901 SeaMonkey/2.0a1pre
I presume we can close this ITS now.
I've been running some tests on a quad-processor AMD system, and seeing a lot
of mutex contention in the frontend. It looks like the current threadpool and
connection manager architecture are a bad fit for a NUMA system like this. I'm
planning to add support for multiple thread pools (one per CPU would be the
idea) and multiple listener threads to slapd.
As a first step, after 2.4.6 is released, I'm going to unifdef the
SLAPD_LIGHTWEIGHT_DISPATCHER symbol and delete the old dispatcher code.
Based on some experimental changes I've already made, I see a difference
between 25K auths/sec with the current code, vs 39K auths/sec using separate
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/