Re: slurpd in RE24

Gavin Henry wrote:
Howard Chu said the following on 05/04/07 21:17:
Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

Huh? It requires no such thing. syncrepl w/back-ldap will work with the
exact same firewall setup as slurpd.
Well, it wasn't my concern.  I'm just saying what they expressed. ;)

The relevant thread is:

<http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200703/msg00251.html>

If they are wrong, then so much the better. :)
That person was talking about plain syncrepl, not assisted via back-ldap.

We can just add a Firewall section to the Replication section in the new Admin guide for this setup.

I'll make a note.

Sounds good, thanks. Yes, we have a lot of reworking to do in the Admin guide.