Re: slurpd in RE24

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Thursday, April 05, 2007 12:30 PM -0700 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Since we haven't been fixing any slurpd bugs lately, it doesn't seem like
a good idea to continue releasing it. I'd like to cvs rm it from HEAD and
RE24. Comments?

Please. :P

Although there was one concern expressed recently that the syncrepl w/ back-ldap as a push method wasn't a great solution as a replacement, since it requires opening holes in the firewall in the reverse direction.

Huh? It requires no such thing. syncrepl w/back-ldap will work with the exact same firewall setup as slurpd.

If it is something we simply are never going to address, then I guess that is just the way things go. ;)

Not an issue.