Re: (ITS#4770) monitoringslapd.sdf patch

--On Thursday, December 07, 2006 2:27 PM -0800 "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> wrote:

[moved to devel]

Well, from a data model perspective, the attributes seems to
belong to directory system agent, not user applications.  Their
values do change at the whim of the directory system agent.
Also, if they were user applications attributes, they couldn't
disallow user modification in their descriptions (modification
would have to be denied by other means).

I do note that these attributes really should have usage
dSAOperation not directoryOperation.

I think one could argue that in this case, slapd is the user application, and this is the data it is maintaining. I also find the marking of them as operational as somewhat misleading.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer