Re: (ITS#4770) monitoringslapd.sdf patch

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> --On Thursday, December 07, 2006 2:27 PM -0800 "Kurt D. Zeilenga"
> <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> wrote:
>
>> [moved to devel]
>>
>> Well, from a data model perspective, the attributes seems to
>> belong to directory system agent, not user applications.  Their
>> values do change at the whim of the directory system agent.
>> Also, if they were user applications attributes, they couldn't
>> disallow user modification in their descriptions (modification
>> would have to be denied by other means).
>>
>> I do note that these attributes really should have usage
>> dSAOperation not directoryOperation.
>
> I think one could argue that in this case, slapd is the user
> application, and this is the data it is maintaining.  I also find the
> marking of them as operational as somewhat misleading.

When generating schema-based input forms in web2ldap I'm treating
operational attributes like not editable (except if relax rules control
is in effect). I'd like to keep it that way.

=> +1 for defining monitored attributes as operational

web2ldap also obeys NO-USER-MODIFICATION off course...

Ciao, Michael.