Re: proxy quarantine

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
Just to avoid work duplication: I'm working right now at adding
quarantine support to back-ldap (done) and back-meta (in progress).

This means that the proxies can be configured with

so that connections that fail because the host is unavailable are not
retried until <interval> passed for a few times, and further requests in
the meanwhile are bounced with LDAP_UNAVAILABLE. In the current
implementation there's no extra task that checks at the given interval;
<interval> here is the time it needs to be elapsed since the last
attempt to retry, but the retry occurs as soon as a client requests it.

This sounds pretty good, but from your description I can't tell how this interacts with multiple server URIs. Will the quarantine affect individual servers, so that requests will automatically go to an alternate server while an initial server is quarantined?
I've hijacked the syntax of the "retry" parameter to syncrepl;
currently, it is required that patterns, made of pairs <interval>,<num>
are separated by semicolons, to make the whole thing a bit more
readable.  I suggest the same change is applied to syncrepl.