Re: test036 and 2.4.2alpha

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 11:11 -0400, Aaron Richton wrote:
> I know we've all seen and love the unavailable (52) errors in test036.
> With 2.4.2alpha, I see some
>
> slapd-bind PID=16357: ldap_sasl_bind_s: Invalid credentials (49)
>
> as well. I've got a 2.3.23 and 2.4.2alpha 'make test' in front of me, and
> I don't see any errors like that in 2.3.23. However, the script didn't
> complain that this was an error, so maybe these are supposed to happen. Is
> this an issue with 2.4.2?

This is a "feature".  In 2.4 some bind test has been added, and this
includes a test where invalid credentials are passed, just to test how
this case is handled (bugs have been reported in the past, some of which
were related to concurrency issues; that's why this test is not only in
test035, where basic functionalities are tested, but also in test036, to
check for resilience).

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution