Re: tpool cleanup?

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 20:53 -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
> Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> > Playing with Hallvard's thread debugging code I came into something that
> > looks strange: slapd does tpool init/cleanup fine, while tools don't.
> >

> I wasn't paying attention the first time this email came around. The
> back-bdb tools *do* use the thread pool in Quick mode. slapd/init.c rev
> 1.96 breaks slapadd/slapindex now, which was using the thread pool to
> spawn its indexing threads.

OK, sorry about that; I've seen that you fixed it.  However, the initial
problem persists: tpool cleanup (actually, all thread destroy) seems to
be inconsistent, as it occurs even if no initialization was required,
but it seems to assume that a task list exists.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution
OpenLDAP Core Team