Re: tpool cleanup?

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 20:53 -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
Playing with Hallvard's thread debugging code I came into something that
looks strange: slapd does tpool init/cleanup fine, while tools don't.
I wasn't paying attention the first time this email came around. The back-bdb tools *do* use the thread pool in Quick mode. slapd/init.c rev 1.96 breaks slapadd/slapindex now, which was using the thread pool to spawn its indexing threads.

OK, sorry about that; I've seen that you fixed it. However, the initial problem persists: tpool cleanup (actually, all thread destroy) seems to be inconsistent, as it occurs even if no initialization was required, but it seems to assume that a task list exists.

I see, the pool_shutdown function was removing the pool from the list before calling pool_destroy, and pool_destroy also tries to remove the pool from the list. pool_shutdown was doing too much here, fixed now in HEAD.