Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd result.c

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 16:00 -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
> I think this patch is wrong. The fact that op->o_abandon is set only
> means that an Abandon was requested, but it doesn't mean that it was
> honored. E.g., a client could have sent an Abandon for an active Modify,
> but the Modify was completed.
>
> I suppose from the client side there may not be any way to distinguish
> meaningfully in those situations, but still this patch seems incorrect.

I think this complies with abandon: the client decides to ignore the
operation regardless of its state (completed or not).  The rationale is
that I need overlays to be able to do "fancy" stuff like turning a
send_search_entry() into send_ldap_result(), so I want to be able to
tell the calling database that the operation was abandoned so no further
send_*() is invoked.  Maybe there's a better way?

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution
OpenLDAP Core Team