Re: userPassword compare fix

At 05:20 AM 1/25/2006, Oni (Paolo Meschi) wrote:
>I understood that this behaviour will violate the specifications,
>however this should be useful to some people. So the possibility to
>compare the userPassword hashed value with a cleartext value, for the
>standards sake, should be implemented in an (optional) overlay.
>
>Right?

Consensus seems not to support inclusion of the patch as submitted.
It is premature to gauge whether a reworked patch would or wouldn't
be supported by consensus.  Obviously, there are some who would
oppose such.  There are likely some who would support such.  And
another some, myself included, who prefer to sit on the fence
until such a patch exists.

Kurt