Re: replication factored out of slapd

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
I'm missing something, why does the consumer need to be a global overlay?

I did it that way because the consistency checks that the frontend
applies (have to) occur before database selection and be_<write>()
invocation. So a global overlay seemed to be the best place to
determine if a write can take place or not. This, of course, results in
a duplicated database selection.

OK, I see. This feels like we need a new hook right after backend selection. backend_check_restrictions() might be a better way to implement this, to alter the slap_no_user_mods checks etc.