Re: slurpd and back-config

> I assume this proposal is concerning OL 2.3.

yes

> If I am correct, does that
> mean that support for syncrepl is falling away?

no

> If not, I'm surprised
> that the proposal would not be the removal of slurpd in favor of having
> people migrate to the syncrepl process.

slurpd and syncrepl will coexist throughout 2.3 at least.  However, since
2.3 is supposed to be heavily back-config oridented, slurpd has to be
back-config enabled to allow, say, adding replicas without stopping slapd;
otherwise, this would defeat back-config's purpose.  Having slurpd builtin
into slapd would really make things easier.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it