Bind - Unbind

I am still playing around with the PerlBackend. Now I am implementing session management in my Perl Objects.
I maintain a connection pool where I have information about the active connections.
Normally makes a bind, after when he is done is makes unbind. The user could however simply forget to program an unbind.
The frontend makes a Connection_close, if it sees that the connection ends. How does the backend get notice of this ? I have seen only close functions for the backend and the backend DB not for a connection.

Thx a lot

Reinhard