Re: (ITS#3671) disconnecting a syncrepl consumer deadlocks the provider

hyc@symas.com wrote:
> Ralf Haferkamp wrote:

>>>I just tested HEAD again. Now it shows a different behaviour. The
>>>first ldapadd that I started after pulling the network plug still
>>>stops progressing after a few entries. The improvement is that the
>>>provider keeps processing search requests and addtional add request
>>>(only the first ldapadd is locked).

> There is no way to avoid this first request getting locked.
Really? That'd be bad. Might it be possible to have the syncprov overlay
always queue the results in syncops->s_res a let a separate thread send
them to the consumers? That should decouple the thread that's handling
the ADD/MOD Request and the syncrepl Provider. Is that feasible and
would it be worth the effort (I'd guess that'll add quite a bit of
overhead to the syncprov overlay).

--
regards,
	Ralf