Re: back-config

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 16:56, Howard Chu wrote:
> Ralf Haferkamp wrote:
> >On Wednesday 02 March 2005 06:10, Howard Chu wrote:
> >>Now that I've got all of the frontend and back-bdb config keywords
> >>implemented (read-only) I'd appreciate some feedback on the schema
> >>etc. before moving ahead to doing the write operations.
> >
> >It's great to see this feature getting implemented. One thing I was
> >missing during a quick test is the "index" directive for back-bdb.
> > But maybe that just not implemented right now.
>
> This is now present, although I haven't done anything with component
> references. Someone more familiar with that needs to handle it.

How about a slightly different index representation. I was thinking if
it makes sense to have an AttributeType for each by of index (e.g.
dbEqIndex, dbSubIndex, dbPresIndex, ...) and as the values of those
attribute just have the attributenames that should be indexed. E.g. if
I have the following in slapd.conf

index cn,sn sub,eq
index uidnumber eq,pres

it would result in the following back-config Attributes:

dbEqIndex: cn
dbEqIndex: sn
dbEqIndex: uidnumber
dbSubIndex: cn
dbSubIndex: sn
dbPresIndex: uidnumber

or maybe:

dbEqIndex: cn $ sn $ uidnumber
dbSubIndex: cn $ sn
dbPresIndex: uidnumber

And maybe also put the index definitions in extra objects subordinate to
the database objects (similar to the access control objects). But this
is all a matter of personal taste I guess :-)

--
regards,
	Ralf Haferkamp