Re: back-config

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 06:10, Howard Chu wrote:
> Now that I've got all of the frontend and back-bdb config keywords
> implemented (read-only) I'd appreciate some feedback on the schema
> etc. before moving ahead to doing the write operations.
It's great to see this feature getting implemented. One thing I was
missing during a quick test is the "index" directive for back-bdb. But
maybe that just not implemented right now.

One thing I currently don't quite understand in the purpose of the
olcIncludeFiles Objects. Is it planned to have the contents of include
file available in the future as well? Or is it just to have the
possibility to add/delete the includes? As long as one has only schema
definitions in includes files this might be enough, but some people
like to have other stuff there (e.g. to have the access rules in a
separate file).

> Having gone thru all of this config stuff, a lot of other ideas came
> to mind:
>
> slurpd replica configuration should probably have both an included
> and excluded attrs list, like syncrepl does. It would greatly
> simplify the exclusion processing in repl.c. Also, deleting the
> an_oc_exclude flag from the AttributeName structure would simplify
> things too.
>
> I wonder if replication (syncrepl and slurpd) directives should be in
> their own objects, subordinate to the database object.
Yes, and IMO the same applies for the access control directives. I think
that would make it more clearly laid out.
E.g. having "cn=access,olcDatabase={1}bdb,cn=config" for database
specific ACLs and either "cn=access,olcDatabase={0}frontend,cn=config"
or "cn=access,cn=config" for global ACLs.

Hmm, I just recognized that at the moment global ACLs show up in both
Objects (cn=config, and olcDatabase={0}frontend,cn=config). I guess
this isn't wanted?

--
Ralf Haferkamp
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 Nuernberg