Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd backend.c controls.c

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

Comment to Howard: maybe the be/bi_controls could be turned in an array of bits much like the op_ctrlflag that is set to 1 when the control is supported and 0 otherwise, so as long as the OID is looked up once we can rather efficiently check for its availability/appropriateness. As soon as supported controls grow, linearly checking a list of strings doesn't sound much like a good approach; at least move it to bervals?

Yes, good point. Since we have CIDs available, we should use them wherever controls need to be looked up.