Re: Success Story: Perl Backend

reinhard.e.voglmaier@gsk.com wrote:

BTW: is there documentation around at some place explaining the data structures OpenLDAP is using ? Just to avoid to understand something by code which could be understood a little bit faster with documentation.

None that I'm aware of, but someone else might jump in with some fresh reference. Let me note that as far as I can tell back-perl is feature-frozen ever since, so in 2.2, and significantly in HEAD, the data structure is likely not receiving many of the detailed per-operation info that are currently available to the backends. I'm thinking about controls, the version, the identity an operation is performed as, the connection stuff (domain, peername, listener) and so. I guess someone might feel like improving the interface, for instance allowing any of the above to be passed maybe on demand?

p.