[Date Prev][Date Next]
>1024 connections in slapd / select->poll
- To: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: >1024 connections in slapd / select->poll
- From: Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke@SerNet.DE>
- Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:18:33 +0100
- Content-disposition: inline
- Organization: Service Network GmbH, Goettingen, Germany
- User-agent: Mutt/188.8.131.52i
In http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=1126 you mention a workaround for
the problem that slapd does not allow more than about 1000 concurrent client
connections. Recompiling glibc is not an option for me, so I rewrote the main
loop in daemon.c to use poll instead of select. Thus slapd can ignore the
FD_SETSIZE #define and rely on sysconf( _SC_OPEN_MAX ); for the maximum number
of file descriptors.
Is this of any interest for you? And, is it appropriate to send patches to this mailing list? It's about 11kbytes.