Re: BDB 4.3 & DB_TXN_NOT_DURABLE

Howard Chu wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

setting the flag DB_TXN_NOT_DURABLE to quick-load a DB without creating log files no longer works anymore, either.

http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/upgrade.4.3/log.html

This flag has been superseded by DB_LOG_INMEMORY.

Except that it doesn't work as documented; the docs says the default in-memory log buffer size is 1MB but it behaves as if the default size is zero. I.e., if you don't specify a log buffer size (DB_CONFIG set_lg_bsize) then this DB_LOG_INMEMORY flag doesn't work at all. It seems to work fine once you have it set though. I've sent a query to Sleepycat about this, whether their doc or their code is wrong...

I've changed back-bdb's fasttool option in HEAD to use the new flag, so beware if you use it.