[Date Prev][Date Next]
backend functions declaration
- To: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: backend functions declaration
- From: "Pierangelo Masarati" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:30:50 +0100 (CET)
- Importance: Normal
- User-agent: SquirrelMail/1.4.3a-1
As a consequence of looking at ITS#3387, I note that many backends declare
the function handlers (usually in a dedicated external.h header). This is
not required, since all the frontend needs to know (for statically
compiled backends) is the <backend>_initialize() function; runtime loaded
backends don't even need it. An exception are those backends that have
cross-dependencies (e.g. back-ldap and back-meta, back-bdb and back-hdb).
I'd like to remove all of this, to avoid confusion and maintenance overhead.
SysNet - via Dossi,8 27100 Pavia Tel: +390382573859 Fax: +390382476497