backend functions declaration

As a consequence of looking at ITS#3387, I note that many backends declare
the function handlers (usually in a dedicated external.h header).  This is
not required, since all the frontend needs to know (for statically
compiled backends) is the <backend>_initialize() function; runtime loaded
backends don't even need it.  An exception are those backends that have
cross-dependencies (e.g. back-ldap and back-meta, back-bdb and back-hdb).

I'd like to remove all of this, to avoid confusion and maintenance overhead.

Comments?

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati