Re: Support for extensible certificate mapping

First, I think it still useful to have plugable
dnX509peerNormalize functions, searching is not
always needed.

Second, I'd tweak things somehow so the plugin
could return an LDAP URL that would get
evaluated as part of the SASL identity mapping
processing.

Lastly, I'd make sure the functionality in
two only applied to EXTERNAL authentication
(otherwise someone might get very surprised).

YMMV, Kurt