Re: overlays and slaptools

> Currently backover.c doesn't intercept any of the tool entry points. I'm
> beginning to think I need this. Any reason not to add it?

I don't see any problems in having overlays handle tools functions.  My
only concern is that their API doesn't currently comply with the
(Operation *, SlapReplay *) scheme so I expect some trouble at the
beginning.  Another point is that overlays might require some work to deal
with situations where they try ot interact with other databases or
resources that are not open at the moment the tools are run, but this is
an issue for overlay developers, I assume.

So I'm in favour of going, maybe with some care.

Ando.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it