Re: back-config again

--On Sunday, March 28, 2004 7:29 PM -0800 Howard Chu <hyc@highlandsun.com> wrote:

There are still some issues regarding order-dependent config info (like
ACLs, sasl-regexp, database order). I have an idea to use attribute
tagging to help out here, e.g.:

I tend to believe that ACLs should not be in back-config at all, but something more like back-access. ACLs are not tied to database types or quantity (bdb, monitor, hdb, etc), and aren't exactly configuration pieces for the slapd process (or slurpd, or syncrepl). They can also be quite fluid... I change my seperated out ACL file 20-30 times more often than I ever touch the slapd configuration. Pulling it out into a different backend would more clearly distinguish that these are very different pieces of the LDAP server.

My 2c. ;)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount