Re: HEADS UP: BerkeleyDB 4.2, libldif, etc.

--On Tuesday, November 25, 2003 2:29 PM -0800 "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> wrote:

I have just committed to significant changes.  First,
I've committed code to detect and use Berkeley DB 4.2.
For back-bdb, Berkeley DB 4.2 is REQUIRED.  Given
all the problems with DB 4.1, forcing an upgrade for
HEAD and OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_2 makes sense (IMO).

IMO too. :) Has there been testing done around the usability of BDB 4.2? People are reporting (under 2.1.23 anyhow) that it isn't immediately compatible with the test suite (I haven't run any of the testsuite).

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems ITSS/TSS/Infrastructure Operations Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html