Re: syncrepl questions

--On Thursday, September 25, 2003 2:13 PM -0400 Jonghyuk Choi <jongchoi@us.ibm.com> wrote:

I'll note that my idletimeout setting is 30 seconds -- And the
connection is being forcefully closed after 30 seconds.

Well... currently even connections having in-progress operations will be terminated when client is idle for more than <idletimeout>. I suspect whether this is the right behavior...

Should this be fixed, we can check c->c_n_ops_executing
inside the connections_timeout_idle() function.

How about performance with the refreshOnly mode ?

A connection in the middle of a search isn't idle, in my opinion... It is currently doing something... How can refreshAndPersist ever work on a system with a large number of entries where an idletimeout setting is in place, otherwise?

Given Kurt's comments, I'm not pursuing refreshOnly at the moment. ;)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer