ITS#1362 userPassord:{PAM}

I was just looking around ITS with a view to getting my password
mechanism that does passthru authentication to pam_smb/pam_winbind
submitted. But I see there was a previous submission exactly along
the same lines a year or so ago: ITS#1362

Was there a problem with this patch which meant it wasn't committed?
Of is the idea of having a new password mechanism of {PAM} which
passes the bind request on to a PAM library not a runner? It works
very well for me, where we have a PDC doing authentication, but
posixAccount attributes in LDAP. I'm sure it would be of use to others
too.

Thanks
Paul