Re: monitor schema

> What I'd like to do is slowly reshape cn=Monitor as we reshape
> our monitoring/management/configuration model.  I've sketched
> out some of the changes we might want to make in
>    <ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/monitor.new>.
>
> Maybe we should start with the simple counters and operation
> objects.  Then we can then decide which way to go next.

I find your example intriguing; I wouldn't have gone so far
(mostly because I'm lazy about doing all that schema coding).

Of course the objectClass and attributeType definitions
should be hardcoded into schema_prep.c; I'll start adding
some stuff, protected behind #ifdef MONITOR_DEVEL, leaving
the OIDs blank.  After I commit it, if you find it reasonable
you may start assigning experimental OIDs, so that it becomes
at least testable.  Fixing the existing code should be
trivial, and adding new levels should not be that hard.

Ando

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it