[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd limits.c
- To: <openldap-commit2devel@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd limits.c
- From: "Pierangelo Masarati" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:43:02 +0100 (CET)
- Importance: Normal
- In-reply-to: <200211211159.gALBx0nE013407@cantor.openldap.org>
- References: <200211211159.gALBx0nE013407@cantor.openldap.org>
> Update of /repo/OpenLDAP/pkg/ldap/servers/slapd
> Modified Files:
> limits.c 1.22 -> 1.23
> Log Message:
> improve limits handling and consistency; return "Admin limit exceeded"
> instead of "Unwilling to perform"
I know it looks like a silly reason, but to fix this I had to change
*ALL* the backend search routines, while the time/size limit selection
could well stay in the front-end. This wouldn't be needed if the
backend API used a single structure as callback argument, that's what
I'd like to move towards (as discussed recently). I hope this doesn't
break too much the patches that are being reviewed, sigh.