Re: Patch to make 'ldapmodify -WW' read password from stdin

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 10:40:52AM +0200, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
> - ldapmodify & go on with no password if reading the password file
>   failed.  Tell me if you want them to exit() instead in that case.

I think it should exit. It has failed to do something that you wanted
and detecting the consequences later could be very much harder.

> - I do not know if Windows NT has fstat(), so I set HAVE_FSTAT to
>   undef in portable.nt.  (fstat() is used to warn if the file is
>   publicly readable or writeable.)

Even if it does, it is highly unlikely that tests based on st_mode
will mean anything on NT. Come to think of it, most modern Unix
variants now support ACLs which also make this sort of test much
harder to do 'properly'.

|        Andrew.Findlay@skills-1st.co.uk       +44 1628 782565        |