slurpd vs single data store

I am debating whether to use slurpd to replicate a
database for redundancy or to run two openLDAP server
machines, both sharing a mount on the NFS to the same
data store directory.  Are there known problems with
doing this?  I would prefer to share the same data
with both servers through the NFS, but I wonder if
they will have problems locking files and crashing
into each other. Any thoughts are much appreciated, I
cannot seem to find any answers or discussions along
these lines.

Dave:))