CA cert and ldaprc handling issues in OpenLDAP

Hello,

A few questions...

(i) How does a programmer control wether the OpenLDAP library searches for
the ldaprc ( ldap.conf ) file?
I believe that in some conditions, that doing so might be a security risk.

(ii)  Is there a way to specify which ldaprc file to use at runtime?

(iii)  How can a program at runtime specify a CA cert file to trust? ie.,
specify the TLS_CACERT option at runtime?

I am writing a program where the user gets to specify what CA cert to
trust, possibly even at runtime.  And I also need to eliminate the
possibility of using ldaprc files found in default locations.
Any help would be appreciated.

--Kervin