Re: size/time limits

Luke Howard wrote:
> >I note that the current implementation of slapd returns size/time
> >limit exceeded even when the requested number of entries or the
> >query execution time is below the limits enforced at server side,
> >e.g. a request with -z 10 for a server whose sizelimit=500 results
> >in 10 entries returned, followed by a "size limit exceeded" message.
> I'm not sure what the correct behavior is, but it seems that it
> might be useful to know that not all entries were returned, even
> if that was due to a client-requested sizelimit. I know that we
> treat sizelimitExceeded, and timelimitExceeded as success in
> nss_ldap and pam_ldap.

Your opinion makes sense as well; however, I note that getting
{size|time}LimitExceeded any time a client-side limit is set
may be of little use and somewhat too "predictable".

Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 |
via La Masa 34, 20156 Milano, Italy   |