Re: size/time limits

>I note that the current implementation of slapd returns size/time
>limit exceeded even when the requested number of entries or the
>query execution time is below the limits enforced at server side,
>e.g. a request with -z 10 for a server whose sizelimit=500 results
>in 10 entries returned, followed by a "size limit exceeded" message.

I'm not sure what the correct behavior is, but it seems that it
might be useful to know that not all entries were returned, even
if that was due to a client-requested sizelimit. I know that we
treat sizelimitExceeded, and timelimitExceeded as success in
nss_ldap and pam_ldap.

-- Luke

--
Luke Howard | lukehoward.com