Re: need back-perl sample slapd.conf

Thanks,

(i) But how do I use it?  What bind do I use?

simple bind 'ldapsearch -x ...' doesn't seem to work. In fact it reliablely crashes slapd. SampleLDAP.pm does not have a 'sub bind' perl function.

How does SampleLDAP work if it doesn't have a 'bind' perl function?

(ii) Specifically the error is in servers/slapd/back-perl/bind.c , perl_back_bind() function,

'XPUSHs(sv_2mortal(newSVpv(dn->by_val, 0);'

is the offending line. When the dn and cred are pushed to the perl interpreter's stack. newSVpv() function seems to crash if any values are pushed are pushed on the stack, but newSViv() works without issue. If I move this line the the back-perl initialize function in servers/slapd/back-perl/init.c then it works fine.

any insight would be appreciated.

--Kervin

Luke Howard wrote:
I can't find any documentation on configuring slapd.conf for use with back-perl.

database    perl
suffix      "o=foobar"
perlModulePath "/usr/local/share"
perlModule SampleLDAP