RE: partial replication of entries/attributes

hi,

I did not follow the complete thread so not sure I understand the issue...

what I understand is, lets say there is a tree ou=xxxx, o=yyyy

now I want to replicate entries under this tree to different servers based on some attribute( or multiple of them) A.
so if attribute A
= a --> replicate to server 1
= b ---> replicate to server 2
etc...

Is this correct?
Is it possible to do this using openldap?

one more question on this.... lets say I have a client which needs to access entries with A = "a" most of the time but also needs to access rest of the entries once in a while. Is there any way a ldap client can use above mentioned server setup so that all the entries with A = "a" are accessed from "server 1" but rest of entries are retrieved from the main server which has whole tree under "ou=xxxx,....".

Thanks,
-anish