[Date Prev][Date Next]
Plans to use struct berval * DN in send_ldap_* stuff?
- To: OpenLDAP Devel <openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Plans to use struct berval * DN in send_ldap_* stuff?
- From: Pierangelo Masarati <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 14:10:10 +0100
- Organization: Dipartimento di Ingegneria Aerospaziale
I note one big portion of code that still uses char * DNs
is the send_ldap_* stuff in result.c; however it looks like
there's little to do there that requires bervals, so we may
stay with the current code, although for consistency all DNs
should be treated the same.
Another point is the internals of back-ldap and back-meta;
they still use char * for temporary DNs (real base, massaged
Dns and so) and I think we should stay this way because
they are mainly used with the C API, with very little
operations requiring the length or consistency with the rest
of slapd. I already changed most of back-meta using bervals
for suffixes and bind dns, however I think we don't need to
do the same with back-ldap (for now).
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Dip. Ing. Aerospaziale | fax: +39 02 2399 8334
Politecnico di Milano |
via La Masa 34, 20156 Milano, Italy |