Re: back-bdb performance

You wrote:

> The transaction logs for loading these 10000 entries amount to only 20.8MB.
> The id2entry database and tree structure consume only 9.8MB.

How much bytes is the ldif of the entries? some results of our transactional
bdb backend:

adding of 10100 entries with 11 attribute indices (every entry has all indexed attrs)
server: 2m30s real 0m27s user 0m15s sys
client: 2m26s real 0m1s user 0m0s sys
id2entry 13.2mb (10100 entries)
logs 113mb

adding of 10100 entries with no attribute indices
server: 0m52s real 0m11s user 0m15s sys
client: 0m49s real 0m1s user 0m0s sys
id2entry 13.2mb (10100 entries)
logs 25mb

A full ldap subtree search with a cold cache takes 1.7sec.

oh, our ldif is 3.2mb.

as you can see, we are not quite ready yet
--
Marijn@bitpit.net
---