Re: Carbon Version

Susan,

This is probably the wrong list to ask your question ... but let me tell you what I know and you can talk to me more offline if you want to know more.

You can compile the openldap-2.0.18 sources in Mac OS X directly. The configure script works properly if you first:

     setenv CFLAGS -fno-common

The results do not target Carbon or Cocoa ... just BSD (Mac OS X is just another FreeBSD flavor of UNIX to the build process). It is straightforward to wrap the results in a Carbon or Cocoa application (I've done a small Cocoa app ... Carbon would be similar, but different). The next step, which I am working on in my spare time, is to bundle stuff in a framework which could be used either by a Carbon or Cocoa application.

Hope this helps.