Persistent Search - Question on A.J.Martin

My name is Jukka Aakula and I'm interested to use LCUP or Persistent
Search in my
research project at Nokia.

I hope you have time to answer  my question:

    Does the Persistent Search in general and your implementation in
special scale with number of

    In concrete I mean:

    A client is caching a subset of entries of a directory. Which
    entries to cache cannot be defined in forward but whenever the
    "gets interested" in an entry the client makes the Persistent Search
and caches the result.

    There can be a huge number of entries and thus also persistent

    Can the searches be made persistent without performance problems ?

Jukka Aakula