Request for a feature

Our department has recently been charged with developing a new university directory service. Among other features that this new service must provide is a standard way to update many other systems should certain information within the directory change. To that end we've been looking at numerous tools that will allow us to sync disparate systems together ranging from pre-built solutions like Metamerge, to writing our own using components like JNDI. Without exception however they all require the "persistent search" proposed control feature. I realize that this has been discussed numerous times and that it has not been implemented due to the fact that the I-D expired. I would however, like to request, that this feature be added, at least until a better solution can be found, perhaps with a big warning that this feature is not truly a "standard's based" feature.
Let me apologize in advance if this is not the correct forum to request a feature. Having looked at the descriptions on your web site, however, this seemed the most likely place for such a request. If this is not the appropriate place could some one please inform where to send such a request. Thanks.

Chad La Joie                    "It is true that you never know what
Middleware Services              you have until it is gone, but it is also
IS&C - Virginia Tech             true that you never know what you've
                                 been missing until it arrives."