Re: subtree replication

Mark Soldavini wrote:

> Here is the post I was referring to with diffs for subtree
> replication.
>
> http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-
> devel/199906/msg00168.html

I missed it. It looks pretty old, though; I don't think
it applies any more, and it doesn't allow much flexibility,
as only one subtree per replica is handled.

> I see (in cvs)that config.c and slurp.h have updates regarding
> subtree replication by adding a suffix parameter to the replica
> configuration directive.  Also, both files have the
> OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2 tag, however, config.c does a NOOP when it
> sees the suffix parameter so it appears to still be a work in
> progress.

In HEAD there's a fix for this (there was a broken test
on suffix being a legal subtree of the backend to be
replicated). I guess this fix will be tagged REL_ENG_2
before release.

Consider also that the feature that is being released will
probably be replaced by a more neat solution in the future.

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati    mailto:ando@sys-net.it
Developer, SysNet s.n.c.   http://www.sys-net.it