RE: horizontal split and delegate

Hi,

It's propably not possible in OpenLDAP but I think there is a need
for such "horizontal splits" to achieve directory scalability.

The standard LDAP referrals are propably not the best technique
to achieve the "splits". Referrals are propably ok when you want to put
one subtree in one server and a second one in another server.

But if you want to put users 1001-2000 in one server and 2001-3000 in
another
then using referrals would mean that you would have 1000 + 1000 referrals.
It looks to me that it does not scale in OpenLDAP ?

Jukka Aakula