Re: should one single search be able to encompass several databases?

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 11:34:45AM +0100, Alex Martin wrote:
> By default the LDAP entries are constructed directly from the ldif entries.
> However, its also possible to define ldif entries which  correspond to
> actually correspond to "information providers". In this case the
> "stub" ldif entry actually provides the configuration information
> for the provider. For example, the ldif entry:

Neat! I have to play with this when I get the time... Perhaps I could
try to make an LDAP to SNMP gateway (:

I have another thing that I want, it doesn't quite fit in with what you
are doing though. In the stackable filesystem layer modell, you can
easily have layers that do mostly nothing passing things through them.
One use is to have a layer that adds triggers, so that when a certain
file is read/written etc. a trigger goes off. Something like this could
be done for LDAP as well if the back-end interface is done right. Right
now this must be done by a process checking logs.

Stig