RE: New Debug

I'm certainly willing to hear your ideas on the subject.
I'm not sure what you mean by a debug API.  If user has
to change the code anyway, they can change it to do
whatever they want.  It would be possible to have some
rudimentary log formatting options in the configuration.
It's already possible to set the log file, and syslog
facility.  I'm not sure what you're trying to control.