Re: Please comment

At 01:49 PM 6/5/00 +0200, GOMBAS Gabor wrote:
>1. Per-attribute ACLs can be stored with the AttributeDescription and not
>in a global list.

I think this is a bad idea.  Given ACLs are per backend,
apply to AttributeDescriptions, our global schema defines
AttributeTypes, so ......  you'd end up with many lists
to optimize away a few ACLs.  But more to the point, it's
likely not going to save significant time which couldn't
be saved through similiar optimizations.  Fact: checking the
attribute list (even with subtyping) is relatively cheap.
This condition is AND'ed with other conditions.  Significant
improvement likely can be made simply by reordering the
evaluation of the AND'ed conditions.

>Determining if and how an ACL can be cached may require deeper analysis in
>the ACL parse code.

I'll await your deeper analysis before commenting.

-Kurt