Re: Enhancement to implement V3 Referral / Search Reference Handling (ITS#546)

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:

> At 12:17 PM 5/29/00 -0700, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
>
> Also take 5.1.1.3, for non-search operations, referrals returned
> should "must have only the protocol, host, port,
> and trailing "/"  portion of the URL contained in the ref
> attribute" with a grain of salt.  Actually, take all of
> named referrals with a grain of salt.  It's an I-D and it's
> expired.

Given the above, it I think that the reencode_request should ignore the
dn and the filter
(it doesn't re-encode the filter yet) if the request is not a search
request.  It should leave
the existing base dn intact. This  is the only code that knows the
request type as it gets it
from the ber that it is re-encoding.

-Steve