Re: ldapsearch values starting with ":" or "<" don't print

At 03:37 PM 5/17/00 -0600, Dave Steck wrote:
>This even applies to attributes like title or description.
>Is this an oversight or is there a reason?

This is due to the use of ldif_is_not_printable().  Such
values must be base64 encoded when output in LDIF format.
When using the old format, we should use a simpler test.

I've been considering switching the default output to LDIF.
In fact, I've been considering removing support for the
old format altogether.  (folks can use old tools for